- Next Generation EdgeTech Bathymetric technology
- Unrivaled swath coverage in shallow water when compared to other single head systems
- Co-registered dual frequency side scan and single frequency bathymetry with full nadir coverage
- Superior multipath rejection
- IHO SP-44 Special Order compliant
- Swath sectors of up to 200°
- Equidistant and Equiangle output options
- EdgeTech’s Discover Bathymetric Sonar Control Software
- Motion Tolerant Side Scan
- Universal MRU mounting plate
Building on the success of the popular 6205 system, EdgeTech has redesigned the 6205s in a smaller, lighter package with additional features and functions that are sure to make on-water survey operations even more effective and efficient. The 6205s is the only bathymetry system to now offer EdgeTech’s motion tolerant side scan sonar feature for operation in more adverse weather conditions. The system is equipped with high-resolution, shallow-water- optimized, frequency pairs; a new sonar shell incorporating a universal mating flange for submersible motion sensors; as well as updated Discover Bathy software.
The EdgeTech 6205s is a fully integrated Swath Bathymetry and Dual Frequency Side Scan Sonar System that produces real time, high resolution, side scan imagery and three-dimensional maps of the seafloor. The 6205s overcomes the limitations of Multi Beam Echo Sounders (MBES) and Interferometric systems in shallow water by using EdgeTech’s unique Multi-Phase Echo Sounder (MPES) technology. This Hybrid approach combines both Beamforming and Phase Discrimination techniques to determine each sounding along the seafloor. With the integration of EdgeTech’s Full Spectrum® CHIRP technology, the 6205s exceeds IHO SP-44, NOAA, and USACE specifications for Feature Detection and Bathymetric Point Data Uncertainty.
EdgeTech’s MPES technology enables the 6205s to produce wider and cleaner swath (over 200º) than current technologies, resulting in superior coverage enabling faster and safer survey completion. At the same time, the 6205s rejects multipath effects, reverberation, and acoustic noise commonly encountered in shallow water environments.
Additionally, EdgeTech’s latest 2205 Electronics and Modular Arrays are utilized in the 6205s, resulting in an extremely lightweight design, which is required for shallow water applications and vessels of opportunity.
The standard configuration for the 6205s includes an integrated Sound Velocity Sensor, and interfaces to most Third-Party acquisition and processing software packages, as well as to standard GPS, MRU, SVP, Gyros, and INS.
- Shallow Water Hydrographic Surveys
- Benthic Habitat Mapping
- Nautical Charting
- Military Rapid Environmental Assessments (REA)
- Route Surveys
- Dredging Operations
- Marine Debris Search
- Port & Harbor Security