- Robust underwater cable cutter
- The Binary Acoustic Command System (BACS) provides 12,000 possible safe command codes.
- Enable/disable commands for controlling the transponder function.
- The “CUT” command causes the system to sever the cable that it running through it.
The EdgeTech Acoustic Cable Cutter and Transponder utilizes EdgeTech (formerly ORE Offshore) Binary Acoustic Command System (BACS) and to operate requires either the Model 8011M, 8011A, Acoustic Command/Ranging Transceivers or the Model AMD200R Deck unit.
The system can be used to sever most non-metallic tow cables or umbilical’s when activated and acts as a transponder for recovery operations. In addition to these typical applications there are a number of specialized uses for this system.
The Binary Acoustic Command System (BACS) provides 12,000 possible command codes. The Cable cutter has an enable/disable command for controlling the transponder function as a standard feature. When disabled the transponder will not reply when interrogated. The “CUT” command causes the system to sever the cable that it running through it. The “CUT” command can be sent and will sever the cable whether the system is enabled or disabled. The “ARM” command closes the valve in the cable cutter. The “ARM” command is used when readying the system for use. The enable and disable function only controls the transponder section.
- Remote underwater cable cutting via acoustic command.