EdgeTech is seeking Electrical Design Engineers for our Boca Raton, FL, facility
Position Summary and Responsibilities:
Electrical Design Engineer will be responsible for designing PCBs incorporating mixed-signal design elements from low-noise analog to high-speed signal acquisition for embedded signal processing.
- Perform printed circuit board design for high performance sonar systems to include electronic simulation, component selection, system integration/test and support to manufacturing on various product life cycle activities.
- Work with board layout design engineers and mechanical engineers to create PCBs and integrated electronic packages. Will also need to work with transducer engineers to integrate electromechanical designs with electronic components.
- Lead board and system bring-up activities and work with other engineers to insure product functionality.
- Participate in at-sea testing of sonar systems
- Develop system and board level tests and test procedures to ensure that the product meets electrical and engineering specifications. Use these procedures to transfer products to manufacturing.
- Support manufacturing efforts in the turn-key production and in-house testing of assembled PCBs and subsequent larger electronic subassemblies
- Interface with others in the organization to create/support engineering change orders, new product transfers, and bills of material structure and entry
- Degree in Electrical Engineering (BSEE)
- 5+ years of hands-on design experience in PCB design; experience with low-noise design techniques for circuit design and board layout is a plus.
- Must have experience integrating, testing, and verifying complex systems
- Must have working experience with various tools including analog/digital simulation and schematic capture, as well as general test/measurement equipment.
- Experience with VHDL/Verilog is plus.
- This role requires someone who is well motivated and a team-player. Must be able to share knowledge, learn from others, and support other groups within the organization
- Some limited travel is required.
- Previous experience in the Marine sonar field is a plus
EdgeTech offers excellent benefits which include 401(k) with a company match, medical/dental insurance, company paid life insurances, and educational assistance.