Location: West Wareham, MA
Position: Full Time
Experience: 3+ Years
For more than 50 years, EdgeTech has been the industry leader in the design and manufacture of advanced underwater sonar systems for applications involving seabed survey, target detection, object identification, mooring instrumentation, and acoustic tracking/positioning. Our products are used to support a variety of customers, from offshore oil and gas, to fisheries/science/underwater research, defense, and police/fire search and rescue.
- Work within a small group of electrical and mechanical engineers to design, build, and test custom-engineered sonar systems.
- Work directly with EdgeTech sales personnel and end-customer, to define requirements and create supporting scope-of-supply documentation and interface control documents.
- Create supporting part numbers, bills-of-material and end-user documentation.
- Manage the project schedule and associated tasking to include manufacturing and purchasing functions.
- Lead test and verification activities to include at-sea testing
- Provide customer support for installed systems.
- Create engineering change orders and supporting documentation, where required.
- BSEE, or related discipline
- 3+ years relevant experience
- Must be able to use basic electronic test equipment (multi-meters, oscilloscope, etc.)
- Must be able to work on a boat, at-sea to support system test of deliverable equipment.
- Problem solving
- Attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work both independently and in a cross-functional team.
- Able to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- Requires self-motivated individual to work as a key member in a small group
- Must be a US citizen or Permanent Resident
- Occasional field support of deployed systems is likely and a willingness to travel for short periods is required.