Senior Electrical Design Engineer
EdgeTech is seeking Senior Electrical Design Engineers for our Boca Raton FL, and Wareham, MA, facilities
Position Summary and Responsibilities:
System-level hardware engineer with an emphasis on low noise analog design and the integration of electronics and OEM components into full-up sonar systems.
- This is a product development position requiring the full range of design-to-production tasks, including product enhancement, field support, as well as installation and operation of sonar equipment.
- Responsibilities include board and system level design, electronic simulation, component selection, system integration and support to manufacturing /customer support on various product life cycle activities.
- Work with board layout design engineers and mechanical engineers to create PCBs and integrated electronic packages. Will also need to work with transducer engineers to integrate electromechanical designs with electronic components.
- Lead board and system bring-up activities and work with other engineers to insure product functionality.
- Participate in at-sea testing of sonar systems
- Develop system and board level tests and test procedures to ensure that the product meets electrical and engineering specifications. Use these procedures to transfer products to Operations.
- Interface with others in the engineering organization on ECO’s, new product transfers, bill of material structure and entry
- Degree in Electrical Engineering (BSEE); MSEE preferred.
- 10+ years of hands-on design experience in analog design with excellent knowledge of low-noise techniques for circuit design and board layout
- Must have experience integrating, testing, and verifying complex systems
- Must have working experience with various tools including analog simulation and schematic capture, as well as test/measurement equipment.
- This is a lead role and requires someone who is well motivated and a team-player. Must be able to share knowledge, learn from others, and support other groups within the organization
- Some limited travel is required.
- Previous experience in the Marine sonar field is a plus