Technical Writer – West Wareham, MA
EdgeTech is seeking a Technical Writer for our West Wareham, MA facility. EdgeTech offers excellent benefits which include Health, Dental, and 401(k) with match. As a Technical Writer, your responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Write, edit, and maintain Technical User Manuals for hardware and software products in a standardized, clear, and concise manner.
- Document the company’s processes in building hardware products, sometimes requiring time spent on the production floor observing these processes, interviewing production staff, and manipulating equipment to gain information, take pictures, etc.
- Write and maintain the company’s factory acceptance test procedures.
- Document other company processes as needed, including ISO 9001 compliance documentation, workflow procedures, and other ad hoc writing needs.
- Collaborate regularly with Engineering, Production, and Management staff to gather information for projects, and to ensure accuracy throughout the process.
- Draw on and interpret a variety of complex technical resources (drawings, past content, brochures, outlines provided by engineering staff, specifications, etc.) to create documentation.
- Organize, edit, and revise information from various sources into a standard format.
- Maintain company document templates to keep in-line with industry standards by manipulating formatting, styles, etc.
- Maintain several Microsoft Access databases, including their user input forms.
- Take photos of products and internal components, edit them, add call-outs as needed, and integrate them into the appropriate documents.
- Keep a record of open projects and be proactive in pinging the appropriate resources to complete documents in a timely manner.
- Produce easy-to-understand documentation for a variety of end-users, and differentiate between each audience’s technical expertise to craft manuals accordingly.
- Review written manuals regularly and recommend revisions or changes as needed.
Successful Technical Writer candidate will have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in a communication, English, or a technical discipline with 6 to 10 years of experience writing technical documents within a technology field—or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to successfully interface with a diverse team – from Operations personnel up and including executives to ensure completion of required assignments
- Strong skills in written communication
- Coordination experience in facilitating people, gathering information
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Visio, Access)
- Ability to work with little supervision
- Experience in creating user and or maintenance manuals
- Strong organizational skills to meet tight deadlines
- Action oriented with strong analytical skills
- Experience with Sonar technology a plus
- Experience with ISO 9001 documentation a plus