Location: West Wareham, MA
Position: Full Time
For more than 50 years, EdgeTech has been the industry leader in the design and manufacture of advanced underwater sonar systems for applications involving seabed survey, target detection, object identification, mooring instrumentation, and acoustic tracking/positioning. Our products are used to support a variety of customers, from offshore oil and gas, to fisheries/science/underwater research, defense, and police/fire search and rescue.
- Perform diversified duties in the assembly, test, and troubleshooting of new and existing underwater acoustic products and systems.
- Work with engineers to build and debug prototype hardware and sonar systems, to include participation in lab testing and at-sea trials.
- Assist in assembling and testing prototype sonar systems and subassemblies.
- Assist in documenting electrical designs to include Work Instructions, Acceptance Tests, and Assembly drawings
- Support manufacturing by training technicians in assembly and test procedures for new product and provide support for existing product.
- Assist in the creation of ECRs and the associated revision of CAD, Excel or Word documents in support of ECRs.
- 5+ year’s electronics experience with AS, high school, technical school, or equivalent education/training.
- Good electronic skills and proficiency in the use of typical test equipment (DVMs, oscilloscopes, function generators, etc.).
- Ability to troubleshoot electrical circuit board assemblies and systems.
- Must have manual dexterity and the ability to solder and use various epoxies/adhesives.
- Must be detail-oriented and able to follow precise instructions.
- Experience with MS Word and Excel; experience with basic CAD tools like Visio are desired.
- Must be a US citizen or Permanent Resident
EdgeTech is an equal opportunity employer.