- Fully integrated turnkey system
- Tri-frequency side scan sonar
- MPES Bathymetry option
- Enhanced sub-bottom profiling capabilities with multiple low frequency transducers and PVDF receiver
- Digital telemetry over single coaxial tow cable up to 6,000m
- Fiber optic cable supported for high bandwidth configurations
- Built-in heading, pitch and roll sensors
The new 2300 combines EdgeTech’s highly successful line of side scan sonars, subbottom profilers and MPES bathymetry into one fully integrated system.
The new system builds on EdgeTech’s proven sonar technology in a number of ways. The system is ideal for deep water combined sonar operations and provides
enhancements to traditional systems. Utilizing EdgeTech’s proven Full Spectrum® CHIRP technology to provide crisp, high resolution imagery, surveyors can choose to operate any two frequencies simultaneously from the tri-frequency system.
Sub-bottom profiler capabilities have been expanded on the new 2300 to include the ability to incorporate up to four low frequency transducers as part of EdgeTech’s DW-106 (1-10kHz) deep penetration system. Coupled with that is the ability to utilize a large PVDF hydrophone array providing better sub-bottom receive sensitivity and directivity.
EdgeTech’s MPES bathymetry is also available on the platform. The Multi Phase Echo Sounder (MPES) produces real-time, high resolution, three dimensional (3D) maps of the seafloor while providing co-registered simultaneous dual frequency side scan imagery.
Additional features include a remote head USBL beacon, optional Nexus Multiplexer, a rear magnetometer shackle mount, and adjustable trim panels.
- Archeological Surveys
- Geological/Geophysical Surveys
- Sediment Classification
- Cable and Pipeline Surveys
- Pre/Post Dredging Surveys
- Scour/Erosion Investigation