- Ultra high resolution imagery for easier identification of targets
- Lightweight for one person deployment
- Dual simultaneous frequencies
- Choice of either a 400/900 kHz or 600/1600 kHz towfish
- Standard heading, pitch, roll and depth sensors
- Topside processor and laptop for open boat operations
- Runs on AC or DC
- Sets up in minutes and is easy to operate
- Optional quick change tow bracket for hull inspections
- System is supplied in rugged portable cases for easy transport
EdgeTech’s 4125 Side Scan Sonar System was designed with both the Search & Recovery (SAR) and shallow water survey communities in mind. The 4125 utilizes EdgeTech’s Full Spectrum® CHIRP technology, which provides higher resolution imagery at ranges up to 50% greater than non CHIRP systems operating at the same frequency. This translates into more accurate results and faster surveys, thus cutting down on costs.Two dual simultaneous frequency sets are available for the 4125 depending on the application. The 400/900 kHz set is the perfect tool for shallow water survey applications, providing an ideal combination of range and resolution. The 600/1600 kHz set is ideally suited for customers that require ultra high resolution imagery in order to detect very small targets (SAR).
There are two towfish options for the system; one with telemetry and one without. The towfish with added telemetry provides the ability to operate over longer tow cable lengths for operation in deeper waters. Both frequency sets are available for either towfish.
The 4125 system can be powered by both AC and DC for added versatility and is delivered in portable rugged cases for ease of transport from site-to-site. As is standard with all of EdgeTech’s towed side scan systems, the 4125 comes with a safety recovery system which will prevent the loss of a towfish if it becomes snagged on an obstacle during a survey.
A standard 4125 System comes with a choice of towfish and a portable water resistant topside processor with laptop computer including EdgeTech’s easy-to-use Discover acquisition software. A 50m Kevlar tow cable is included as standard with customer-specified lengths also available. Multiple options are available such as a v-fin depressor, keel weight, pole mount and hull scan bracket for added versatility.
- Change Detection
- Channel Conditioning/Clearance Surveys
- Hull Inspections
- Mine Countermeasures (MCM)
- Mine-Like Target Detection & Classification (Underwater IEDs)
- Port & Harbor Security
- Port Security
- Search and Recovery
To download the product manuals and software please go to the Support section of this website.