For more than 50 years, EdgeTech has been the industry leader in the design and manufacture of advanced underwater sonar imaging systems for applications involving seabed survey, target detection and object identification. Our products are used to support a variety of customers, from offshore oil and gas, to fisheries/science/underwater research, defense, and police/fire search and rescue. EdgeTech develops and produces a variety of standard and engineered-to-order marine products and systems including side scan sonar, sub-bottom profilers, bathymetric, combined, integrated and modular systems.
The software engineering position involves the development and support of Windows desktop software applications used to interface with the sonar hardware, providing command/control and real-time visualization of the resulting acoustic imagery. This exciting opportunity will require you to work with a small, cross-functional team of mechanical, electrical, and embedded software engineers developing next generation sonars and systems. As a team member, you will be required to get out from behind your desk and be hands-on with the various sonar systems, either testing in our on-site acoustic lab or aboard one of our research vessels. This is a terrific job for an engineer who finds it rewarding working end-to-end with products.
Required Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in math, engineering, or science (Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or Computer Engineering, preferred).
- 5+ years of professional experience in software development
- 3+ years of experience with C++ development
- Solid understanding of fundamental software design and coding practices
- Experience in optimization and designing for performance.
- Good problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work both independently and in a cross-functional team
- Nice-to-have experience: Matlab, signal processing, GPU programming, SIMD programming, multi-threaded application development, driver development, and API and protocol design.
- Must be a US citizen or Permanent Resident
- Occasional field support of deployed systems is likely and a willingness to travel for short periods is required.
EdgeTech is an equal opportunity employer.