EdgeTech is seeking a Senior Electrical Design Engineer, with emphasis in FPGA design, programming, and verification to join our global product development team. EdgeTech’s main office is in Wareham, MA but remote workers are encouraged to apply.
Position Summary and Responsibilities:
- Lead the design effort for the development of circuit boards for SONAR equipment and systems with an emphasis on FPGA design.
- Assist and guide circuit board layout in component placement and trace routing to achieve a high level of signal integrity.
- Work with mechanical engineers to create PCBs and integrated electronic packages.
- Lead board bring-up activities and work with other engineers to verify product functionality.
- Develop board-level tests and test procedures to ensure that the product meets electrical and engineering specifications.
- Interface with others in the engineering organization on engineering changes, new product transfers, and bills of material structure/entry.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering (BSEE); MSEE is a plus.
- 8+ years of hands-on experience in electronic circuit design, emphasizing FPGA design and verification.
- Must have demonstrated experience with digital design, Verilog HDL coding (Xilinx, Vivado a plus) and the use of test benches to verify FPGA designs and timing.
- This is a lead role and requires someone who is well motivated and a team-player. Must be able to share knowledge, learn from others, and support other groups within the organization
- Some limited travel is required.
- Previous experience in the marine or SONAR field is a plus
EdgeTech offers excellent benefits which include 401(k) with a company match, medical/dental insurance, company paid life insurances, and educational assistance. Please send all resumes to: Kevin Igo